The Fenton Free Library is a member of the Four County Library System (4CLS). Your library card entitles you to borrow materials from our Fenton Free Library as well as any library in Broome, Chenango, Delaware or Otsego Counties.
*Policies regarding loan periods, fines, renewals, etc. vary depending on the individual library.
Details on how to obtain a library card can be found in the full version of our Circulation Policy.
- Books and Books On CD can be checked out for 3 weeks.
- Puzzle Exchange – enjoy a variety of choices, no check out required.
- DVDs may be checked out for 1 week.
- For your convenience, books can be renewed over the phone during library hours or online at 4cls.org.
- During off hours, books can be returned by using the drop box located on the Chenango Street side of the building.
- There will be a fee to replace a patron’s borrower card.
All records of the borrowers of this Library will be confidential information. No employee, trustee or volunteer will make known any circulation, loan or personal information.
Fines & Overdue Notification Policy
- The fine for overdue books will be a voluntary contribution from the patron if under $5. Fines over $5 will be levied at the discretion of the director. Patrons carrying a fine of $5 or more on their account will not be able to check out or place item(s) on hold at the Fenton Free Library or any other Four County Library location until the fines are paid.
- If materials are not returned within 6 weeks of being overdue, patron will be blocked at all libraries in the Four County system. Subsequently, patron will be sent to collection to resolve delinquency.
If a book, magazine or A/V material is lost or damaged to the extent that it is not suitable for circulation, the patron will be charged the current replacement cost and a hold will be placed on their library card until the bill is paid.
- Patrons at Fenton Free Library shall behave in a socially acceptable manner and follow Fenton Free Library policies.
- Copies of all Library Policies are available upon request.